POWER SHIFT 2016 - ORLANDO RECRUITMENT AND LOGISTICS LEAD
LOCATION: Orlando, FL (preferred) or Washington, DC
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling until hired
POTENTIAL START DATE: June 20, 2016
POTENTIAL END DATE: Late August 2016
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: 20 hours to start, 30-40 hours first two weeks of August, Temporary
COMPENSATION: $17.50-$25/hr DOE
We are seeking a smart, organized, ambitious organizer and event manager to support recruitment and on the ground logistics for the first in our series of four regional Power Shift this summer and fall. The Orlando Recruitment and Logistics Lead will be responsible for recruitment for the Southeast Power Shift.
ABOUT ENERGY ACTION COALITION & POWER SHIFT 2016: RECHARGE
Founded in June 2004 by youth climate leaders, the Energy Action Coalition (EAC) mobilizes the collective power of the millennial generation to stop climate change and create a just, clean energy future and resilient, thriving communities for all. To learn more visit http://www.wearepowershift.org/ and http://www.powershift16.org/
The primary objectives for the conference include:
Engage and elevate the diversity of stakeholders in the climate movement through the recruitment process, keynote selection, partner and ally engagement, trainings and workshops, and arts and cultural events and spaces. PS16 will highlight the solidarity of the Millennial Generation to stand with those most impacted by climate change and the fossil fuel economy.
Recognize and understand the broken cultural, economic and political systems that are at the root of climate change and other injustices by ensuring that a rights-based social justice and climate justice analysis is at the forefront of the Power Shift 2016.
Prepare participants with the concrete skills and tools necessary to be effective at creating change at the local, regional, and national level through trainings/workshops, regional/topical caucuses, online infrastructure, and follow-up, and provide straightforward opportunities to connect to campaigns and projects that affect concrete change.
Grow our movement and escalate the pressure elected officials, presidential candidates, and other local targets as part of a long-term strategy that grows our power. Power Shift will set the stage and be a launching point for young people who want to engage in 2016 electoral work.
The Detroit Power Shift R&LL will work with the staff team at Energy Action Coalition to support the Power Shift Coordinator by taking the lead on on-site logistics and recruitment leading up to the gathering.
- Participate in weekly regional and bi-weekly national coordinating calls to update stakeholders around updates and participate in decision making processes
- Work with EAC’s Digital Organizer and Power Shift Interns around digital recruitment efforts
- Identify opportunities for recruitment throughout the region and coordinate recruitment efforts for the region
- Utilize existing student/youth networks in and outside EAC space and through regional organizing team to boost registration numbers
- Build connections both with organizations and groups inside and outside the traditional climate/environmental space to recruit attendees
- Work with venue to ensure that there is smooth, consistent communication among the venue and EAC and the regional coordinating team.
- Work with EAC team to bottomline registration process at the event
- Oversee the table sales and manage set up/break down
- Assist in the development of a volunteer plan and manage volunteers during the event
- Work with caterers and other vendors
Who We Are Looking For
- Experience with event planning, proven track record of meticulous multifaceted logistics management
- Highly organized, responsive, and attentive to small details
- Takes initiative and thinks creatively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to move work forward independently but thrive in a team environment
- Familiarity with the youth climate movement
- Experience with consensus-based decision-making
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please include “Orlando Recruitment and Logistics Lead” (if you don’t include just these words, we might miss your application due to our email filters) in your email subject line.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (TAMPA)
Organize Now and FIRE seek a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as the office coordinator for the Tampa office. The office coordinator will oversee the day to day office operations of the Tampa office and will report to the Tampa Director.
• Oversee all administrative tasks and projects in the Tampa office
• Be a communications liaison between Tampa & Orlando offices
• Answer phones and retrieve daily messages
• Provide CFO with purchase order for office supplies
• Deal with vendors such as Bright House, Landlord, Nestle Waters, etc.
• Conduct HR orientation of new hires and forward all employment documents to CFO
• Arrange or manage travel for staff (with collaboration from Orlando office)
• Submit credit card receipts for Tampa staff on a monthly basis to the Orlando accounting department
• Take comprehensive notes at important organizational and staff meetings
• Keep Tampa office calendar up to date
• Communicate all HR issues to CFO in order to resolve quickly
• Other projects and duties, as needed.
• Basic knowledge of accounting
• Proficient in Microsoft office and basic computer programs
• Team player
• Friendly and engaging communication style;
• Excellent organizational skills - good attention to detail and well organized;
• Self-motivated - proven ability to work independently;
• Some overnight travel may be required
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject: Office Coordinator. No phone calls please. Organize Now is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply.
Climate Change Program Intern (Development)
Responsibilities of the Intern
The Climate Change Intern will be responsible for assisting the Climate Change Program Manager, Development Director, and Event Coordinator in various tasks related to organizing students, youth, and community members around climate change and environmental justice related campaign activities. The intern will also be assisting in outreaching to students at university and college campuses across Florida. The intern will work with the Development Director to secure event sponsorships and registrations for a large scale youth convening in September. Reliable transportation is required for this position. Spanish speaking and writing fluency a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities
Project Management, Data Analysis, Resource Development, Strategic Planning, Relationship Building, Editing/Proofreading, Fundraising, Research, and Marketing.
Send Resume/CV and a written statement no longer than 2 paragraphs on why they want to work on Climate Change/Environmental issues.